Username: Password:

Author Topic: Altar of the Adherents.  (Read 1635 times)

Contispex XX

• View Profile
Altar of the Adherents.
« on: January 23, 2014, 02:38:44 AM »
The Cathedral towered above you. As you walk down the brightly lit corridor you pass under the grand archway which marks the entrance to the main hall. As you enter you notice the entire hall is bathed in light, a large sphere hanging high above the chamber represents the sun and illuminates every corner. On the other side surrounded by worshipping followers you notice it, the Goddesses statue. It seemed like only a minute had passed when a robed clad priest walked to your side and put his hand on your shoulder.

"Welcome to Her temple" He gave a comforting smile and continued while gesturing to the altar below the statue. "Here at this altar those who wish to follow the light and dedicate themselves to the pursuit of knowledge may give themselves to our Goddess Risma and ask her to guide them in their path. He paused a minute and motioned for you to follow. "If this is something you've committed to, please step up to the altar and recite the words inscribed there"

As you get closer you can see the inscription.

I vow to follow the The Goddess and the ideals set forth by her teachings. I am a servant of light and forever a student, my hunger for knowledge never ending.

I, [Name in full], pledge my mind body and spirit to The Goddess
« Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 03:04:34 AM by Contispex XX »

Teagan Trevelyan

• Priest
    • View Profile
Re: Altar of the Adherents.
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2015, 01:57:33 PM »
Trevelyan marveled at the stone work of the archway as he slowly walked through. He tried carefully to mask his foot steps, treading slowly and placing his foot down precisely to mute any sound his shoes would make on the stone like. As he came towards the large statue of the Goddess Risma, he knelt down in front of the altar. Reading the inscription on the altar before closing his eyes... "I vow to follow the The Goddess and the ideals set forth by her teachings. I am a servant of light and forever a student, my hunger for knowledge never ending.

I, Teagan Trevelyan, pledge my mind body and spirit to The Goddess"

With that Teagan pulled back, trying to regain his footing as he stood up. He looked up at the statue and closed his eyes. There was something tranquil about the cathedral...an inner peace.